Tuesday, March 22, 2011
The dark uncertain days of winter are finally behind me; I'm so ready (and excited!) to enjoy the warmth of spring. I love those first sunny days in the city, when every person on the street is beaming, and parks and patios are full of people celebrating the turn of a new season.
Some things I'm looking forward to:
- Finally taking my bike out for long rides by the lake
- Picnics on the Island (before it gets too crowded!)
- Spending a full day walking around midtown for good Italian eats and thrifting
- A photo trip to the Distillery District capped off with a nice pint of beer (or a few)
- Maybe some bouldering outdoors?
- Asparagus finally hitting the farmer's markets
- Baseball, baseball, baseball!
Happy Spring to you all!!
Monday, March 7, 2011
Apologies for the blog silence, the past month has been full of work deadlines and wonderful developments, which I am still wrapping my head around.
I am so anxious and excited to be considering grad school options for the fall! I know this will be one of the most important decisions that I will make, so I'm trying to carefully examine each program thoroughly. To be honest, it's still somewhat surreal to think that I will be picking up my life and moving thousands of kilometres away in a few short months. I've lived in this big city for so long , I really can't imagine what it will be like to say goodbye. On the other hand, I am so excited to move to the coast, to live by the ocean (!!!), amongst forests, mountains, and limitless wilderness to explore. I have always loved the great outdoors and I'm confident that my new home (whichever coast it may be on) will provide the best inspiration and motivation for 5 tough years of school.
Labels: grad school